The decision to have breast augmentation is a highly personal one. Dr. Perez believes it is important for the patient and surgeon to have a good understanding about their needs and expectations. With a very high satisfaction rate, breast augmentation continues to be among the most popular cosmetic surgical procedure performed in the United States.
Breast augmentation surgery is done exclusively by Dr. Perez. He will discuss options available to you, and provide you with the latest information about the procedure to help guide your decision for the best results possible. Every breast surgery procedure that Dr. Perez performs is custom-tailored to each individual’s particular body type and their ultimate goals.
If you would like to improve the size or shape of your breasts, please contact Renue Aesthetic Surgery today online or at 913-685-1108 to schedule a personal consultation with Dr. Perez. Our office proudly serves the Kansas City, Overland Park, Olathe, and nearby Kansas areas.
On this page, we discuss a variety of important topics to help you understand more about breast augmentation and your options, including:
- Reasons for breast augmentation
- Breast implant options
- Surgical approaches for breast augmentation
- Who is a good breast augmentation candidate?
- Your breast augmentation consultation
- The breast augmentation procedure
- Recovery from breast enlargement surgery
- View our breast augmentation results
- Schedule your breast augmentation consultation today
Breast augmentation is one of the most common cosmetic surgery procedures in the country. While the procedure is widely popular, all of the patients and procedures were uniquely different, and the reasons why patients sought breast augmentation varied from patient to patient.
Some of the most common reasons while people undergo breast augmentation include:
- To achieve larger, fuller breasts
- To achieve better breast symmetry
- To improve the shape of breasts
- To improve self-confidence
Whatever your reason for seeking breast augmentation surgery, Dr. Perez has the experience, skill and meticulous eye for detail to ensure you get beautiful, natural-looking results. At Renue Aesthetic Surgery, your safety and satisfaction are our top priorities.
Breast implants are medical devices that come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and types. A breast implant consists of a sac, or shell, that is made of silicone elastomer. This sac is filled either with silicone gel or saline. In addition, this sac may be smooth or textured, and the implant may be round or teardrop shape. This implant is then placed under your breast tissue or chest muscle.
Every patient is different. Therefore, the type of implant that will be chosen depends on your specific needs, goals, and physiological requirements.
Dr. Perez offers many different selections of breast implant options, including:
- Form stable anatomical shaped silicone implant (gummy bear): Form-stable implants, also known as gummy bear implants, can produce a more natural feel and appearance than other implant options. Form-stable implants will not leak, even in the event of rupture. In fact, if cut in half, gummy bear implants will retain their shape.
- Silicone gel implants: Silicone breast implants are FDA approved for women aged 22 and older. They contain a silicone gel material that looks and feels more natural than their saline counterparts. Silicone implants also maintain their shape in the event of rupture, and they are less likely to ripple or wrinkle.
- Saline implants: Saline implants are FDA-approved for women 18 and older. They comprise silicone shells filled with a sterile saline solution. These implants can be filled after placement, meaning they often require smaller incisions than silicone gel implants. These types of implants are typically less expensive than silicone.
Implants are highly customizable, and Dr. Perez’s goal is to help you find the right type, size and shape to achieve your ideal results. While he will not choose the implant for you, he will serve as your guide and mentor to help you determine what size and shape will best meet your goals.
Dr. Perez has experience performing various surgical approaches, including:
- Inframammary approach: The incision is made in the crease where the breast meets the chest wall.
- Periareolar approach: The incision is made around the areola (the dark skin around the nipple).
- Axillary approach: Perez will use an endoscope (small camera) to facilitate positioning the implant under the muscle. This endoscopic assisted breast augmentation is usually reserved for younger patients who desire a more hidden scar.
The approach that Dr. Perez and you choose for your surgery will depend on your body type, how you heal, and the type of implant you choose. With every breast augmentation Dr. Perez usually places the implant under the muscle due to less risk of capsular contracture and better long term appearance.
The best candidates for breast augmentation are healthy individuals who are non-smokers and have realistic goals and expectations. Every woman is different when it comes to how they feel about their body. When breast size or shape is an issue, breast enhancement can be an ideal solution.
Every surgical consultation at Renue Aesthetic Surgery is done exclusively with Dr. Perez. At your initial consultation, Dr. Perez will spend time reviewing your medical history and assessing your expectations for undergoing breast augmentation. Every patient is unique, and that’s why Dr. Perez’s breast augmentation procedures are custom-tailored to each individual’s particular body type and their ultimate goals.
Time will be spent discussing in detail the various surgical approaches and the types, sizes, and shapes of breast implants. Dr. Perez will review all your breast implant options. You will then have the opportunity to try on various sizes of implants and be provided with suggestions. These sizers give you an idea of the amount of volume you will need to get your desired look. Dr. Perez and his nurse will guide you through this process of implant selection, but the size and style is ultimately decided by you.
Our goal at Renue Aesthetic Surgery is to prepare you for a decision that is unique and personal. We will work to ensurethat your decision is the right choice.
Dr. Perez performs his breast augmentation surgeries with the use of general anesthesia provided at one of the many accredited outpatient surgery facilities in the Southern Johnson County Area. Prior to surgery, you will be given specific instructions and be evaluated for any tests or pre-surgical examinations. Most breast enhancement procedures take a little over an hour and patients go home the same day.
Expect a post-operative phone call from Dr. Perez’s nurse on the first day after surgery. The first post-operative appointment is usually scheduled within 5 days following surgery. At this appointment sutures may be removed and Dr. Perez will discuss the post operative regime. It is very important that you follow all post surgery instructions and come to all recommended post-operative visits in order to minimize post-operative risks and achieve the best results possible.
In the recovery period following breast augmentation, you can expect to have pain controlled by oral narcotic pain medication and muscle relaxants. A post-surgical bra will be in place for support and to stabilize the breast area. Activity will be limited, but early ambulation is encouraged. Breast augmentation patients must refrain from lifting with the arms and raising the arms above the head until clearance is given by Dr. Perez.
At the first post-operative appointment, the surgical dressings will be removed. Dr. Perez will retape the surgical site with paper tape. You will then be instructed on massage techniques of the breast area. This is an important part of the healing process.
Initially, you can expect the breast implants to be a bit high, especially if using the sub muscular approach. As the breast muscle relaxes and as swelling decreases in a few weeks, the implants will begin to drop and the final result will appear. To facilitate this process, Dr. Perez will instruct you on post-operative massage techniques that will assist the implant to drop to its proper location. The use of the post surgical garment with a stabilize strap worn around the top of the breast adds an added pressure to ensure the implants ease into their desired position.
Take a look at our breast augmentation before and after gallery to see what we have been able to do for some of our patients.
If you are unhappy with the size or shape of your breasts, call Renue Aesthetic Surgery today online or at 913-685-1108 to schedule a confidential consultation with board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Victor Perez. We happily welcome patients from Kansas City, Overland Park, Olathe, and other nearby Kansas communities.