As a woman, your breasts play an essential role in your femininity and self-image. If you are unhappy with the size or shape of your breasts, you may be reluctant to wear certain clothing or feel self-conscious when wearing a swimsuit.
Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Victor Perez offers a wide range of breast surgery options to enlarge, enhance, lift or reduce the size of your breasts.
To learn more about the breast surgery options available at Renue Aesthetic Surgery, please contact us today by completing the form on this page or calling 913-685-1108 to schedule an initial consultation with Dr. Victor Perez. We welcome patients from Kansas City, Overland Park, Olathe, and other neighboring Kansas communities.
Breast Surgery Procedures In Overland Park, KS
Whether you want to restore your youthful physique, bring more balance to your figure or ease the discomfort of excessively large breasts, Dr. Perez can help you achieve your goals.
The breast surgery options offered at Renue Aesthetic Surgery include:
- Breast augmentation: One of the most popular plastic surgery procedures in the country, breast augmentation addresses issues with breast volume, shape and symmetry through the placement of breast implants.
- Breast lift: Whether performed alone or in conjunction with breast augmentation, a breast lift is designed to lift drooping breasts and restore a more youthful appearance.
- Breast reduction: If you suffer from chronic neck, shoulder or back pain due to the excessive size of your breasts, breast reduction surgery can ease your discomfort and improve your overall quality of life.
- Gynecomastia (male breast reduction): Gynecomastia refers to the medical condition in which fat deposits or glandular tissues produce enlarged breasts in males. Male breast reduction surgery can restore a more masculine and toned physique.
The breast surgery options offered by Dr. Perez can make a significant impact in the way you look and feel. While these procedures provide dramatic results on their own, they can also be combined to help you reach your specific goals.
The best way to determine which procedure or combination of treatments is best for you is to meet personally with Dr. Perez in a confidential consultation. During this initial meeting, Dr. Perez will take time to fully understand what you’d like to achieve with your surgery. He will answer your questions and address your concerns. He will then assess your physical condition and explain all of your treatment options.
Your Customized Breast Procedure
At Renue Aesthetic Surgery, we don’t just recognize your individuality, we celebrate it. No two women have the same bodies, and no two patients have exactly the same aesthetic goals. That’s why Dr. Perez customizes every breast procedure to address your unique physique and objectives. Breast surgery requires a balance of technical precision and surgical artistry that establishes harmony with your figure in order to produce elegant, natural-looking results.
I’m three weeks postoperative and I’m already pleased with my results, mind you I am still pretty swollen right now and will be for at least the next couple of months or so. My experience had been amazing since the beginning. He has answered all of my questions with sincerity! The staff are all genuinely sweet, knowledgeable and patient."
Meet Personally with Our Experienced Breast Surgeon
You deserve the confidence and pride that comes with having the breasts you desire. To schedule your consultation with Dr. Perez, please call 913-685-1108 today. We serve men and women from Kansas City, Overland Park, Olathe, and nearby areas in Kansas.
What Should I Do During Breast Surgery Recovery to Help My Body Heal?
Your aftercare instructions may vary slightly based on the kind of breast surgery you have done. You can discuss general expectations at your consultation, such as how much time you should arrange off work. Before you leave the surgery center, you'll be given detailed instructions to follow at home that will include medication dosages and times and various activity restrictions.
In general, you can help your recovery along with the following:
- Rest as much as you need. During the first week after your breast surgery, your body may ask for much more sleep than you're used to. Listen. Surgery puts a lot of stress on the body, and much of your energy will be used to heal the breast tissue and the skin. If you feel like napping at any time during the day, do it. While you should walk for five to 10 minutes several times a day, the bulk of your time will be spent sleeping and resting.
- Take your pain medication as directed. If you do not take your pain medication as directed, your body will be under more stress than is necessary, and it could prolong your recovery by a few days. We understand the concerns that some patients have about taking prescription pain medication. Talk to the doctor about your concerns and ask for tips that can reduce the side effects of the medication. You may be ready to transition to over-the-counter pain relievers in as little as a week.
- Drink plenty of water. Staying hydrated helps your body process the anesthesia and also engage in optimal tissue recovery. Drinking one to two liters of water a day during your recovery may also offset the potential constipation that can occur due to your prescription pain medicine.
- Eat a nutrient-dense diet. Lean proteins are immensely supportive of tissue recovery, as are foods that contain vitamins C and D, both of which help the body make use of collagen. Foods rich in calcium, including milk, kale, and spinach, can provide a boost of strength as you heal from surgery.
What Restrictions are there After Breast Surgery?
Your detailed post-op instructions will have a comprehensive list of do's and don'ts. Breast surgery patients are generally advised to avoid the following:
- Swimming and hot tub use. As long as your incisions are still healing, it is necessary to steer clear of extended time in the water. You may shower, but your doctor may advise against soaking in the tub. Swimming or soaking, even in chlorinated water, can disrupt the healing process and cause poor scarring.
- Smoking, nicotine, and tobacco use. Smoking affects how well your body utilizes oxygen. Tissue oxygenation is critical to the healing process. Nicotine use can also degrade tissue recovery and lead to a prolonged healing period. Each of these habits should be strictly avoided for six weeks or longer after surgery to reduce the risk of post-surgical complications.
- Lifting or moving heavy objects. This is one of the primary activity restrictions for breast surgery patients. You shouldn't lift anything heavier than a gallon of milk until cleared to do so. Usually, clearance occurs three to four weeks after surgery.
- Strenuous exercise. There's no harm in taking it easy for a few weeks! This is especially beneficial after breast surgery, though it can be challenging. After your procedure, you'll need to put off all forms of exercise other than walking for four weeks or longer. You can expect full clearance to resume all of your normal exercises six to eight weeks after your breast procedure.
Am I a Better Candidate for Breast Augmentation or a Breast Lift?
Breast augmentation and breast lift procedures are very popular. Each can improve the overall shape of the breasts. Only breast augmentation enhances breast size. The expert placement of silicone or saline breast implants can address concerns like asymmetry, deflation, small breast size, and projection. Breast augmentation may be ideal for you if you have any of these concerns or would like to improve your cleavage.
Breast lift surgery can improve your breast projection and make the breast appear fuller by tightening the skin around the breast mound. This procedure does not increase breast volume and so has little effect on symmetry and cleavage. You can expect better nipple position and perkier breasts after a breast lift. If you're also interested in a size increase but your breasts are saggy, you may get the best results by combining a lift with breast implants. During your consultation with Dr. Perez, you can learn more about your options and what each of these techniques has to offer.