Women of all ages can experience sagging breasts. Whether you are a young woman who has lived with sagging breasts since puberty or you have recently noticed a change due to age, gravity, pregnancy or weight fluctuation, board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Victor Perez can help you achieve a more lifted and attractive breast appearance with breast lift surgery.
To find out if a breast lift is right for you, please call Renue Aesthetic Surgery today at 913-685-1108 to schedule a confidential consultation with our experienced breast lift surgeon. Dr. Perez helps patients from Kansas City, Overland Park, Olathe, and beyond.
What Is a Breast Lift?
Also called mastopexy, a breast lift is surgical procedure designed to raise the breasts to a more youthful position. The surgery may be ideal for women who:
- Have drooping breasts due to weight changes, pregnancy or aging
- Have asymmetrical breasts
- Have nipples that face downward or droop beneath the breast crease
- Experience mild to severe breast ptosis
- Want a perkier, more youthful-looking silhouette
- Want to improve their bikini body
- Are undergoing a mommy makeover
Depending on your unique circumstances, Dr. Perez may recommend combining your mastopexy with breast augmentation. Breast implants can offer long-lasting fullness in the upper portion of the breast and a more youthful appearance.
The Breast Lift Procedure
Your breast lift surgery will be performed in an accredited outpatient surgical facility under general anesthesia administered by a board certified anesthesiologist. Breast lift surgery can last for an hour or longer, depending on your unique circumstances. The breast lift procedure itself is fairly straightforward. Dr. Perez will create strategic incisions to lift and re-shape your breast tissue. These incisions are designed to be well-concealed once they heal, reducing the visibility of resulting scars as much as possible.
There are a variety of incision methods, which include:
- Peri-areolar: An incision is made around the nipple. This incision is the least invasive option and best suited for women with smaller breast cup sizes and only mild breast sagging.
- Lollipop: In addition to the incision around the nipple, a vertical incision is made down to the breast crease. This approach is best suited for women with moderately pronounced breast drooping and average breast sizes.
- Anchor or Inverted T: An incision is made around the areola, down the breast to the inframammary fold and then horizontally along crease of the breast. This is best suited for women experiencing moderate to severe breast sagging.
After evaluating the degree of breast ptosis and the shape of your breasts, Dr. Perez will recommend the surgical approach that best suits your needs and physical condition.
Breast Lift Recovery
After mastopexy surgery, most patients find that recovery usually takes two to three weeks. During this time, post-surgical discomfort is controlled with oral narcotic pain medications. It is also required that patients wear a surgical compression garment for at least 2 weeks for support.
Like any surgery in which incisions are made, it is important to remember that the appearance of your scars will diminish over time. Dr. Perez will follow your healing progress very closely.
Initially, Dr, Perez will cover the scars with post-surgical tape to minimize scar formation. This special tape applies pressure, secures the skin and helps to prevent harmful pulling of the skin, known as stenting.
As you heal, Dr. Perez will explain how to use post surgical scar gels and how to perform helpful massage techniques. As a general rule, the more pigment the patient has on their skin the longer it will take for the scar maturation to complete. For some patients this process may take six months, for others it can take up to a year and a half.
Schedule Your Breast Lift Consultation Today
To learn more about your breast surgery options and determine your candidacy for breast lift surgery, please contact Renue Aesthetic Surgery today online or at 913-685-1108 to schedule an initial consultation with board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Victor Perez. Our office in Overland park welcomes patients from Kansas City, Olathe and surrounding communities.