As the summer sun creeps up on us, we must be mindful of the precautions we must take to ensure the safety of our plastic surgery results. Though it may be tempting to show off our new bodies at the beach or pool, we should remember that our skin is still healing and needs to shield from the sun's harsh rays.
What is Summer Sun Safety Month?
Summer Sun Safety Month is an annual campaign that takes place in August. The campaign is dedicated to promoting sun safety awareness and education. Summer Sun Safety Month is a great time to learn about the dangers of sun exposure and how to protect yourself and your family from the harmful effects of the sun.
What Can You Do to Celebrate Summer Sun Safety Month?
There are various ways you can get involved in Summer Sun Safety Month. Reading educational materials or attending local events can help you learn about sun safety. You can also help spread the word about sun safety by sharing information with your friends and family. No matter how you participate, Summer Sun Safety Month is a great time to learn how to stay safe in the sun.
Protecting Yourself from the Sun After Plastic Surgery
Sun exposure can cause our skin to become discolored, dry, and wrinkled. In extreme cases, it can even lead to skin cancer. So how can we protect our skin and keep our plastic surgery results looking their best? Here are a few tips:
- When possible, avoid direct sunlight, especially between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Cover up with loose, breathable clothing if you have to be in the sun.
- Wear a wide-brimmed hat or visor to keep the sun off your face and neck.
- Apply sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher every two hours, even on cloudy days.
- If you notice any changes in your skin, such as new moles or changes in existing moles, make an appointment with a doctor right away.
Following these simple tips can help protect your skin and keep your plastic surgery results looking their best for years to come.
Get an Overland Park Consultation
Contact 913-685-1108 today to schedule an appointment. In Kansas City, Overland Park, Lee's Summit, Olathe, and other nearby Kansas and Missouri areas, Renue Aesthetic Surgery is your choice for aesthetic surgery.