Enlarged breast tissue in men can be a major source of anxiety and self-consciousness. If you want to improve the look of your chest, even when diet and exercise have failed, then male breast reduction could be the solution. Here are several pros and cons to consider when deciding if this surgery is a good fit for you.
Pros of Male Breast Reduction
There are many benefits of getting male breast reduction to address gynecomastia, including that:
- You can feel more confident about your chest: Are you reluctant to remove your shirt or wear tight-fitting clothing? Male breast reduction can help you feel more confident revealing your chest.
- It can improve physical discomfort: If you have enlarged male breasts, you may experience issues such as pain and tenderness, chafing, and uncomfortable chest movement during exercise. Male breast reduction can help alleviate these concerns.
- It’s a safe outpatient procedure: Male breast reduction is a relatively low-risk procedure when performed by a board-certified plastic surgeon like Dr. Victor Perez. It’s also done on an outpatient basis, meaning you won’t need to stay overnight.
- The recovery is pretty manageable: Depending on the techniques used for your procedure, such as SmartLipo MPX liposuction or surgical excision, you may not need much downtime. Plan to take several days to a week off work and put your exercise routine on hold for a bit longer than that.
- It offers permanent results: Gynecomastia surgery results are permanent if you maintain a stable weight. Assuming you’re happy with your new look, you shouldn’t need any follow-up procedures.
Most guys find that the advantages of male breast reduction for gynecomastia are worth any potential tradeoffs. That explains why more and more patients choose to get this surgery every year!
Cons of Male Breast Reduction
For all its benefits, male breast reduction can come with a few drawbacks, including that:
- You will have scars after surgery: Bodybuilders and other men who want discreet results visit Dr. Perez because he is known for creating small and well-concealed incisions.
- It won’t give you toned pectoral muscles if you don’t already have them: Chest exercises before and after surgery will help you enjoy a more defined look.
- Future weight gain will impact your results: Your breast tissue and fat can’t come back after surgery. However, weight gain will cause the remaining fat cells to expand.
Let’s Focus on What’s Unique to You
Are you ready to focus on the pros and cons that might be unique to your situation? Call 913-685-1108 today to schedule a consultation with board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Victor Perez. Renue Aesthetic Surgery happily welcomes patients from Kansas City, Overland Park, Olathe, and the surrounding areas of Kansas.